About Our Firm
Wilkinson Ferrari & Co. is a strategic communications firm specializing in building reputations, changing perceptions and attitudes, engaging communities, and positively positioning projects and initiatives. For nearly 30 years, Wilkinson Ferrari & Co has been at the forefront of strategic communications and public relations for some of the region’s most significant infrastructure projects, public policy issues, public involvement efforts, land use development projects and other significant endeavors for state and local governments, non-profits and private organizations. Our team of experienced professionals includes former journalists, expert crisis communicators, social media strategists and seasoned public relations practitioners who use their combined experience to tackle some of the region’s largest and most complex communications challenges.
About the Role
As an Account Coordinator, you will work with WF&Co. partners and the Account Director to develop, manage and execute multiple client projects. This entry-level role offers the opportunity to work on projects and initiatives that positively affect our community. The ideal candidate will be a bright, highly motivated creative and strategic thinker with an eye for detail and strong verbal and written communications skills. We offer a collaborative work environment, which provides young professionals the chance to develop their skills under the direction of knowledgeable and experienced professionals.
Account Coordinator Responsibilities
- Perform work on behalf of clients, including working with partners, account directors and other team members to develop and execute communications strategies.
- Prepare written materials, including brochures, newsletters, social media posts, video scripts, press releases and media advisories.
- Track media coverage and maintain and update contact information for journalists, influencers and other members of the media.
- Develop, execute and manage social media campaigns using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other platforms.
- Assist with in-person and digital research on behalf of clients, including conducting focus groups, community workshops and online surveys.
- Assist in maintaining and updating project websites using WordPress, Squarespace and Wix web platforms.
- Assist in the planning and execution of large- and small-scale client events, including press conferences, public open houses, community meetings and festivals.
- Coordinate with graphic designers, web developers, videographers and other vendors to produce high-quality communications materials.
- Track work schedules and budgets for multiple, simultaneous client projects.
- Assist with non-client responsibilities, including preparing new business proposals, time-keeping and professional development activities.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends and tools.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week and be accessible by phone Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Occasional work outside regular office hours will be required to meet client needs.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, strategic thinking and innovation
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Baseline knowledge of earned media and marketing tactics
- Experience setting up and running virtual meetings through Zoom, WebEx and Microsoft Teams
- Experience with project management tools, including Slack, Asana and Microsoft Teams
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Google
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in strategic communications, marketing or other related fields
- Experience working on client-based communications projects
Wilkinson Ferrari & Co. is a small-scale communications firm headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT. We offer a flexible, fully remote work environment, professional development opportunities and a robust benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Fully remote office with occasional in-person client meetings.
- Paid time off for holidays, sick time, vacations and personal days
- SIMPLE-IRA retirement program with an employer contribution of up to 3% salary at year-end.
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Paid professional development activities
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, resume and writing portfolio to Hilary Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.